Student Services


Student Services Twitter | Twitter
Lisa Sivell | Guidance Counselor, ITL, S-Z, 10-12 |
Megan Burleson | School Psychologist |
Ryan Fuentes | JV Coach, Guidance Counselor, A-D |
Alex Kosisky | Guidance Counselor, A-Z, 9th, Cross Country Coach |
Maryann McQueen | Guidance Secretary |
Kasey Quinn | Guidance Counselor, Mb-R, 10-12, JV Volleyball Coach |
Margaret Shomali | Guidance Counselor, E-Ma, 10-12 |
Kimberley Williams | Registrar, Cross Country Coach, Girls Track Coach |
Jaimie Pruitt | Registrar |


Working collaboratively with students, parents, and staff, the school counselors and other student support staff of Hammond High School encourage students’ academic development, foster students’ personal and social growth, address students’ developmental needs, and facilitate communication throughout the Hammond High School community to help students realize and maximize their potential.

Upcoming SAT dates


Financial Aid Assistance for Seniors

Staff from Howard Community College's Office of Financial Aid will be coming to Hammond High on Thursday, October 11, 2018 from 8:00AM to 3:00PM to assist families of the Class of 2019 with submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Appointments are available every 15 minutes for four families per time slot. It typically takes 30-45 minutes to complete the FAFSA. Sign up today by clicking here!

Students and parents should bring the following information with them:

The student's and the parent's FSA ID, if they already have one
A copy of the student's and/or the parent's 2017 Tax Returns, if they have filed
A copy of the student's and/or the parent's 2017 W2s
All 2017 untaxed income info (Untaxed information includes but is not limited to child support, housing, food, and other living allowances, veterans non-educational benefits, etc.)


Transcript Requests
If the student graduated within the last 5 years...

Click HERE, and then click on "transcripts." Copies of transcripts cost $4 and can be paid online. 

Once ordered, email a copy of the student's driver's license/photo ID to Ms. Williams, She will be able to send the transcript directly to the college/university. 

If the student graduated MORE than 5 years ago, download the transcript request form from the HCPSS page, complete, and mail directly to HCPSS. 

Click HERE to view HCPSS forms. 
Scroll to the bottom and click on "Student Transcript Request Form" under the Former HCPSS Student Forms category. 

Accident and Medical Insurance

Accident Insurance

The school system does not carry medical insurance for accidents that occur at school, including non-sport related injuries, such as trips and falls, physical education injuries, and recess/playground injuries. Thus, parents are encouraged to enroll students in the accident insurance program offered through HCPSS.

Learn more about how to obtain accident insurance →

Medical Insurance

The Maryland Children’s Health Insurance Program (MCHIP) is available for families, pregnant women, and children in need of medical insurance. Applications are available through the school health assistant or by contacting the Howard County Health Department at 410-313-7500.

Find out more about qualifying for MCHIP →